A. Before Pregnancy
Planning before getting pregnant is very important step. Experts say that preparations for pregnancy should start 1 to 3 months before you try to conceive. These planning and preparations include:
- Get your medications checked by your doctor; whether it is safe to continue these medicines while you trying to get pregnant.
- Be in a calm and cool state of mind when trying to get pregnant. High stress level isn’t good for pregnancy. So, before you get pregnant, make sure you figure out the reason of your stress and solve them.
- Switch yourself to a healthy lifestyle. Avoid alcohols, drugs, tobacco and aim for for healthy food and exercise.
- Keep a check on your weight. Being overweight or underweight before conceiving may have adverse effect during pregnancy.
B. During Pregnancy
Every woman wants to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Make smart choices in food and other activities to enjoy a healthy pregnancy.
- Make a wise choice when it comes to pregnancy food. Fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurt, fish like shrimp, salmon, catfish and lots of water are healthy and good for you and your baby. These are some of the must have nutrition during pregnancy.
- Avoid raw or uncooked food items in your pregnancy diet like raw fish and eggs etc.
- Opt for low impact exercises like swimming, brisk walking, low impact aerobics etc.
C. After Pregnancy
The days following the birth of your baby can be challenging for you. Taking good care of yourself is as important as you take care of your baby. Regain your lost strength by taking plenty of rest and having nutritious food. Ask your families to help you out with household responsibilities.
- Be healthy and happy through your conception, pregnancy and childbirth. Happy Pregnancy!
For more information on pregnancy and pregnancy care,
Get one to one consultation from Dr.Rajendra Mahajan.